Today I went to the Lilac Festival, a yearly festival here in Rochester, NY. Held in Highland Park, which has over 200 different types of lilacs, the festival is a good excuse to get outside and maybe catch some music. Used to be you could find crafty items, but now it swings more toward the commercialized. There's always good fair type food though - check out the kettle corn if you go.

Jack jamming on stage with his folk band. He's the one in the white pants, and yes, he is playing a mandolin.

After the concert Ashley took me to this awesome courtyard behind the Highland Bowl. That's her at the top of the stairs.

Ashley and I walked around the inside of the building associated with the courtyard, I forgot what it was called. While on our tour the three ladies working there asked us if we wanted to see something cool, and they took us to check out this tree. With the most unusual flower, you can see why some call it the handkerchief tree.